Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Specter Intends to Switch Political Parties

My guess is he has been nothing more than a RHINO anyhow and never truly conservative!

Specter Intends to Switch Political Parties

Sources say veteran GOP Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania intends to switch parties .

Veteran GOP Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania intends to switch political parties and run in the Democratic primary in 2010, FOX News has confirmed.

"I deeply regret that I will be disappointing many friends and supporters," Specter said in prepared remarks to be delivered at a news conference on Tuesday.

"I can understand their disappointment," he continued. "I am also disappointed that so many in the party I have worked for for more than four decades do not want me to be their candidate. It is very painful on both sides."

The switch puts Democrats within two votes of a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. Democrats currently hold 56 seats in the Senate, and two independents typically vote with the party. Republicans have 41 seats, and there is one vacancy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/28/source-specter-intends-switch-political-parties/

No comments:

Post a Comment