Thursday, January 22, 2009

2nd Oath is bugging me....lol

Another question....isn't is customary to use the FULL name of the president when he is being inaugurated? Why was just his middle initial use? Afraid of what message the word HUSSEIN sends?? That he is muslim and has NO business legally or otherwise being our president?? I am finding reports that he used nothing, but then saw something he used the Koran the 2nd time, but also found there is nothing stating they have to use a book at all.

Wikipedia says:

"Franklin Pierce was the only president to use the word affirm rather than swear. Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman, and Richard Nixon swore the oath on two Bibles. John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law. Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on a Roman Catholic missal on Air Force One."

So I guess the Bible isn't a requirement?? I always thought it was so this was interesting research.

Well I guess there's only one solution to this. Obama and Roberts should take a crack at the oath a third time.

But this time, it's three strikes and YOUR OUT lol. They should both be sent packing. If you can't get 38 words right, on three tries, then there's gonna have to be another election sounds good to me anyhow. And the next President can appoint the new Chief Justice.
On another thought....I do believe in God. I'd rather him to not swear in on the Bible, if he doesn't intend to honor the oath. Which has been done by many of the people who have held the office before.

You know the more I stew over this when there are other issues bothering me right now like his "Right to Choose Act". I think this was all a set up. He could have made arrangements to swear in again on a bible...BUT he did not. I think this was to send a message to people that he did not swear in on a Bible the second time considering it is being considered the legal one. At ANY time he could have requested a Bible and the secret service or whomever could have got one for him. This speaks volumes in my mind.

Ok maybe I am picking everything apart because I LOATHE this man. BUT I do feel these are all very valid and important points that one needs to look at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment